Saturday, October 6, 2007

Solo Italy

Bob and I have been planning this trip to Italy for months. He cleared the wait list for the Ferrari driving school, and I built an itinerary that bookended the course. Rome on the front, Venice on the back. Then we discovered that the Morgans would be in Rome during the same time before they took off on a cruise and we organized a dinner together. THEN one of the couples joining the Morgans delayed their arrival and we slid into their cabin assignment for a weekend of Amalfi coast.

THEN business got in the way and our trip changed overnight the day before our planned departure. First the driving school went by the way, then the whole thing threatened to ditch. Sara and Bill convinced me to go ahead and join them for a few days in Rome and the weekend of cruising in hopes that Bob would follow-on, once things cleared up at the office. I decided to give it a go and left for Rome on Tuesday Oct 2nd. Bottom line--Rome without my partner. I was forced to adapt and hope I could convince him.

No comments: